Używamy plików cookies do celów statystycznych. Jeśli nie blokujesz tych plików, to zgadzasz się na ich użycie oraz zapisanie w pamięci urządzenia. Pamiętaj, że możesz samodzielnie zarządzać cookies, zmieniając ustawienia przeglądarki (odwiedź witrynę dostawcy Twojej przeglądarki aby dowiedzieć się jak to robić).

Tourist attractions


The Warsaw Rising Museum
ul. Grzybowska 79, 00-844 Warszawa
tel.: +48 22 539 79 05, +48 22 539 79 06,
fax: +48 22 539 79 24 e-mail:


It was opened on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of fighting in Warsaw. The Museum is a tribute of Warsaw’s residents to those who fought and died for independent Poland and its free capital. The exhibition depicts fighting and everyday life during the Rising, keeping occupation terror in the background. Complexity of the international situation at the time of the Rising is portrayed, including the post-war years of the Communist regime and the fate of Insurgents in the People’s Republic of Poland (PRL). With the total area of more than 3000 m2, 800 exhibition items, approximately 1500 photographs, films and sound recordings, history of the days preceding the Rising is told. Visitors are guided through the subsequent stages of the Rising until the time when the Insurgents left Warsaw. Their further fate is also portrayed.

The second part of the permanent exhibition, opened in May of 2006 in Hall B, presents the story of Allied airdrops. Its highlight is a replica of a Liberator B-24J bomber. Much of the exhibition has been devoted to the Germans and their allies, showing their actions in Warsaw as documented in official texts from the time of the Rising and in private notes. The stories of eye witnesses of the August and September 1944 events are played in Hall B. These recordings came from the audiovisual Spoken History Archive at the Warsaw Rising Museum. A movie theatre shows films about the Rising on a panoramic screen. At the mezzanine gallery various temporary exhibition are displayed. The Museum tower is a special attraction with a view of the Freedom Park and the city of Warsaw.

The Royal Baths

Ul. Agrykoli 1
Tel. 22 621 62 41


One of the most beautiful palace - park complexes in Europe. Originally the property of Stanisław Herakliusz Lubomirski, its present shape is due to the efforts of king Stanisław August Poniatowski (1732-1798), which belonged to him since 1764. In the course of almost 30 years on an area of around 74 hectares was created the summer monarchal residence. A park was planned, and pavilions and buildings were constructed. At this time the 17th century baths, designed by Tylman van Gameren, were transformed by Dominik Merlini in the years 1792-1793 into the splendid neoclassical Palace on the Water (Pałac na Wodzie). A Theater was created on the Island - the work of Jan Chrystian Kamsetser in 1790-1795, based on the model of the ancient theater from Herculanum, and also the Belweder Palace, the design of Jakub Fontana and the Orangery with the court theater. Also in this period were constructed such buildings as: the White Cottage (Biały Domek), the Water Reservoir (Wodozbiór), the Great Printing House (Wielka Oficyna) and Myślewicki Palace, presenting the present expositions of the palace interiors. The park which surrounds the palace complex was created in the years 1774-1784. It connects the usual elements of a French garden with the scenery of an English park. On the terrace of the Vistula slope is located a monument of Frederic Chopin chiseled by Wacław Szymanowski in the year 1926.




The Museum Palace in  Wilanow 
Ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16,
02-958 Warszawa
tel.  22 842 81 01 centrala,
22 842 07 95 rezerwacja
fax. 22  842 31 16

The history of Wilanow Palace began April 23, 1677, when the village that was then called Milanow became the property of Jan III Sobieski. Soon the name was changed to Villa Nova, with reference to ancient traditions, and afterwards changed to the more Polish sounding Wilanow. The first residence constructed here was not large, because Augustine Locci, the court architect of the king, received the task of only building a one storey mansion using a typical Polish construction. However, military successes and a rise in the meaning of the monarch in the following years bore on the considerable extension of the original project. A great extension was done in the years 1677-1696. After it was finished, the building coupled together in itself elements of a nobleman’s mansion, an Italian villa garden and a French palace in the style of Louise XIV. After the death of the king the Palace became the property of his sons, while in the year 1720 the strongly impoverished residence was purchased by one of the richest women in contemporary Poland - Elżbieta Sieniawska. For the next 9 years she continued the construction work begun by Sobieski. At that time the side wings, that the king did not have time to realize, were erected. After the death of Sieniawska the ownership of Wilanow was passed to her daughter Maria Zofia Denhoff, whose last name was later changed to Czartoryska after marriage. In the year 1730 the Palace made its way into the hands of king Augustus II the Strong for three years. He made many changes in the residence, especially with the interior decoration. In the middle of the eighteenth century Wilanow was inherited by the daughter of Czartoryski, Izabela Lubomirska who was the wife of the marshal. At this time Wilanow again started to shine with its former glory. Sixty nine years later the duchess gave Wilanow to her daughter and son-in-law, Stanisław Kostka Potocki. Thanks to his efforts, one of the first museums in Poland was opened in Wilanow in the year 1805. The Potocki family was connected with Wilanow until the year 1892, when Alexandra, last in the family line, passed the estate to her cousin Ksawery Branicki. The Branicki family lived in Wilanow to the year 1945, when the Palace was taken over by the Department of Culture and Art. The Wilanow Palace is among the few historical monuments in Warsaw which survived world war II in an unchanged form.